There are three Game 3s on tap tonight in the second round of the BCH Ford Dealers Road to the Fred Page Cup BCHL Playoffs.
Here is quick look at some of the stats and storylines shaping up:
- The Interior clubs that had byes through Round 1, Penticton and Vernon, have showed no signs of rust as they’ve build 2-0 series leads on Merritt and Trail respectively
- Of the four series happening in Round 2, only Powell River and Victoria split their first two games with Powell River winning Game 1 in overtime and Victoria posting a shutout in Game 2
- After not losing on home ice in regulation all season, the Wenatchee Wild dropped the first two games of their series against Chilliwack at Town Toyota Center
- Trail defenceman Carter Cochrane continues to lead the playoffs in points with 2-11-13 in seven games
- Regular-season goalscoring leader Charlie Combs of the Wenatchee Wild, who had 51 goals in 58 games, has been held without a goal in eight playoff games
- The Chilliwack Chiefs are 5-0 on the road so far in the postseason, but just 1-2 at Prospera Centre
- Powell River’s Jonny Evans had the overtime game winner in the Kings last game of Round 1, a 4-3 win over Cowichan Valley, and in the opening game of Round 2, a 3-2 win in Victoria. He has three game-winners this postseason
- Player of the Week Matthew Galajda of Victoria made 56 saves in the Game 1 loss to Powell River; it was the second-highest save total of the postseason so far, after Merritt’s Jacob Berger who stopped 63 in a triple-overtime win March 4 in West Kelowna
Your sports. Your teams. The ISN Daily Digest.
Sign up to the ISN Daily Digest and sit back while we pick the previous day’s best headlines and speed them straight to your inbox every morning.