Canada’s men’s U19 head coach Dean Murten has named his team for their International Series finale against Italy Sunday.
Samuel Turner, Jack McRogers and Emerson Prior line up in the front row with Jackson Marquardt and Christoph Stangl at lock.
Owain Ruttan, Peter Ingoldsby and James O’Neill start in the back row.
Brandon Schellenberger starts at scrum-half with Brennig Provost at fly-half. Evan Norris and Elias Ergas start on the wings with Mostyn Findlay and Quinn Ngawati in the centres. Mill Bay’s Seth Purdy starts at full back.
Canada is 0-2 in the tournament so far after losing 55-11 to England and 50-14 to Wales.
Sunday’s game kicks off at 7am ET/4am PT but will not be streamed live. Follow Rugby Canada’s twitter account for updates.
Canada’s Men’s U19 Team vs. Italy (Name, club, hometown):
1. Samuel Turner, (UBC) Vancouver, BC
2. Jack McRogers, (Aurora Barbarians) Newmarket, ON
3. Emerson Prior, (Trent University Varsity Club) Gananoque, ON
4. Jackson Marquardt, (Concordia University) Ottawa, ON
5. Christoph Stangl, (UBC) Vancouver, BC
6. Owain Ruttan, (UBC) Precious Corners, ON
7. Peter Ingoldsby, (Teignmouth RFC), Totnes, Devon, England
8. James O’Neill, (UVic) Cochrane, AB
9. Brandon Schellenberger, (Castaway Wanderers) Victoria, BC
10. Brennig Prevost, (UVic) Victoria, BC
11. Evan Norris, (Shawnigan Lake School) Victoria, BC
12. Mostyn Findlay, (UVic) Regina, SK
13. Quinn Ngawati, (St Michaels University School) Victoria, BC
14. Elias Ergas, (UBC) North Vancouver, BC
15. Seth Purdy, (Shawnigan Lake School) Mill Bay, BC
16. Damon Adams, (Castaway Wanderers) Victoria BC
17. Kyle Joe, (Cowichan) Ladysmith, BC
18. Spencer Cooper, (UVic), Victoria, BC
19. Peyton Eager, (Cowichan RFC) Cowichan, BC
20. John Jubenvill, (UBC) Surrey, BC
21. James Hammond, (Toronto Nomads/United RFC) Vancouver, BC
22. Miquel-Fabian Palij, (Markham Irish) Markham, ON
23. Matthew Ye, (UBC) Markham, ON
24. Logan Martin-Feek, (West Shore) Victoria, BC
Dean Murten — Head Coach
John Lavery — Coach
Anthony Le Carte — Coach
Conan Cooper — Strength & Conditioning Coach
Desmond Lynch —Mental Skills Coach & Team Manager
Ben Motum —Physiotherapist
Aaron Takel — Performance Analyst
Canada’s Men’s U19 Schedule:
Canada 11-55 England
Canada 14-50 Wales
Canada vs. Italy — April 16