Team BC is halfway through the second week of competition at the 2017 Canada Summer Games and currently has 91 medals. Adding to the 61 medals from week one, Team BC week two athletes have earned another 30 medals – 11 gold, seven silver, and 12 bronze. Team BC is sitting in second place in the medal standings with Team Ontario in first with 140 medals and Team Quebec in third with 87.
Week 2 Highlights:
- Gold for Gillian Ellsay (Courtenay) in the cycling time trial
- Bronze for Jay Lamoureux (Victoria) in the cycling time trial
- Bronze for Alex Brent (Dewdney) in the Kayak K-1 1000m
- 27 medals in swimming – 10 gold, seven silver and 10 bronze
- Four medals for Raben Dommann (North Vancouver) – Gold in 400m free, 800m free, 4x200m free relay and Silver in 4x100m free relay
- Five medals for Tyler Wall (Penticton) – Gold in 100m free and 4x200m free relay, Silver in 4x100m free relay and Bronze in 100m back and 4x50m free relay
- Four medals for Jessica Lou (Victoria) – Gold in 4x200m Free relay, Silver in 4x50m Free relay and 4x100m free relay, and Bronze in 100m Free
- Two medals for Bailey Herbert (Surrey) – Gold in 400m IM and Silver in 200m breast
- Three gold medals for Jesse Shade (Campbell River) in Special Olympics 50m breast, 100m free, and 100m back.
There are two more days of swimming competition with the final medals awarded Friday evening. The open water competition will be held Saturday.
Competition at the Canada Games continues until Sunday August 13 with canoe kayak, cycling, golf, tennis, soccer, softball, volleyball, and wrestling events still to be completed.