ancouver Whitecaps FC will be hosting the club’s annual Pride Night this Saturday as they welcome Houston Dynamo to BC Place. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. PT.
The ‘Caps have once again teamed up with the Vancouver Pride Society, as well as a number of other local LGBTQ organizations to celebrate inclusion and diversity.
Fans are encouraged to join the Southsiders in their March to the Match, which begins at the corner of Granville and Nelson at 5:45 p.m. PT.
Festivities for the Pride Celebration on Terry Fox Plaza will take place from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., hosted by the unstoppable Conni Smudge. Arrive early for demonstrations from the Terminal City Roller Girls, Rain City Ultimate Club, Drag Queen Lip Syncing, and a b(qu)eer garden with early bird specials.
During the match, dignitaries Barb Snelgrove and Angus Praught will lead the boys in Blue and White onto the pitch, with the national anthems sung by Vancouver Pride Singers, and a visual display in the stands.
MATCHDAY ROAD CLOSURES
Fans are encouraged to give themselves extra time to arrive at the stadium on Saturday as the “Our Cityride” international cycling event takes place between 4:30 p.m. to approximately 7 p.m. PT.
Advised routes include arriving by Skytrain or from the South by the Cambie Street Bridge, Granville Street Bridge or Burrard Street Bridge.
Please note the following road closures:
- Homer St (Pacific to Beach) – 9 a.m. to midnight (resident access maintained)
- Drake St (Pacific to Marinaside) – 9 a.m. to midnight
- Pacific Blvd (Homer to Drake) – noon to 9 p.m.
- Pacific Blvd (Hornby to Homer) – 4 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Pacific Blvd (Drake to Davie) – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Davie Street (Pacific to Marinaside) – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Marinaside Cres (Davie to Nelson) – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Pacific Blvd (Nelson to Carrall) – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Keefer (Carrall to Quebec) – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Columbia (Keefer to Alexander) – 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Water St (Alexander to W Cordova) – 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- W Cordova West Bound (Water to Thurlow) – 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- Thurlow (W Cordova to W Pender) – 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- W Pender West Bound (Thurlow to W Georgia) – 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- W Georgia Single Lane Closure (W Pender to Denman) – 4:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
- Pipeline Rd West Bound – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Stanley Park Dr Single Lane Closure (Pipeline to Park Ln) – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beach Ave (Park to Denman) – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beach Ave East Bound Single Lane Closure (Denman to Broughton) – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Beach Ave (Broughton to Granville) – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.