Two new World Curling Tour events will be hosted in BC in 2017.
The Ashley Home Store Curling Classic will take place at Penticton Curling Club from Nov. 3-6 with a purse of $66,000. The event has attracted curlers from across the country and internationally including Team Kevin Koe and Team Reid Carruthers, as well as Norway’s Thomas Ulsrud.
The other new event for BC is the Fort St John Cashspiel, from Nov. 10-12 with a purse of $8,000.
The full list of World Curling Tour events includes:
- The King Cash at the Golden Ears Winter Club in Maple Ridge from Sept. 15-18 (Men’s and Women’s). Purse: $13,000.
- The Prestige Hotels and Resorts Curling Classic at Vernon Curling Club from Sept. 29-Oct. 2 (Men’s and Women’s). Purse $17,000.
- The Hub International Crown of Curling in Kamloops, from Oct. 20-23 (Men’s and Women’s). Purse: $26,000.
- The Ashley Home Store Curling Classic at Penticton Curling Club from Nov. 3-6 (Men’s). Purse: $66,000.
- The Fort St John Cashspiel at Fort St John Curling Club from Nov. 10-12 (Men’s). Purse: $8,000.
- The Dawson Creek Cashspiel at Dawson Creek Curling Club from Nov. 24-26 (Men’s). Purse: $12,000.
- The Driving Force Abbotsford Cashspiel at Abbotsford Curling Club from Nov. 24-26 (Men’s and Women’s). Purse: $18,000.
For the men’s 2017-18 schedule and to register in any of these events visit http://www.worldcurl.com/
For the women’s 2017-18 schedule and to register in any of these events, visit http://www.worldcurl.com/
The World Curling Tour recently merged with the Europe-based Curling Champions Tour, and boasts over 250 events.
The WCT has pledged to continue expanding into new regions in the hopes of developing young teams and providing them with a place to enjoy the sport and hone their skills.