- Saskatchewan has split their first three series of the 2017-18 Canada West women’s hockey season.
- The Calgary Dinos have won just three games in Rutherford Rink since the team returned to the Canada West conference in 2009-10.
- The Huskies were 3-1 against Calgary in 2016-17 including two wins in Rutherford Rink.
- Fifth-year captain Kaitlin Willoughby continues to climb the Huskies all-time career lists sitting third with 44 career goals.
- Goaltender Chloe Marshall started both games against the Manitoba Bisons last weekend and posted her first Canada West shutout.
By The Numbers
1 – Chloe Marshall posted her first Canada West shutout last weekend against the Bisons.
6 – Six different Huskies have scored in 2017-18.
15 – The Huskies have 15 of their 20 wins aginst the Dinos in Rutherford Rink.
2009 – The Calgary Dinos returned to the Canada West in women’s hockey in 2009-10.
Scouting The Dinos
- The Dinos are 1-4-1 heading into the matchup with the Huskies, splitting their first series of the season with the Lethbridge Pronghorns, before being swept by the UBC Thunderbirds and Alberta Pandas.
- Offence has been a problem early in the season for the Dinos with just three goals scored in six games. Two of the goals were on the power play.
- Sage Desjardins has scored twice for the Dinos, while Kate Lumley adds the other goal.
- Goaltender Kelsey Roberts has played all games for the Dinos in net with a 1.94 goals against average and a .949 save percentage.
- The Dinos have committed 55 minutes in penalties so far this year, third highest, but have allowed just three goals on the penalty kill.