Edmonton – Top Alberta players, coaches, officials, administrators, and volunteers will be recognized at Alberta Soccer’s Annual Award Banquet this weekend. The banquet will be held at the Delta Edmonton South on Saturday, February 24th from 7-10 pm.
Graham Neil, International award-winning Senior Reporter at CTV Edmonton, and Donovan Workun, a three-time World Improv Champion, will emcee the evening as well as present their Power of Yes workshop for the event’s keynote speech. The rest of the evening will see multiple awards handed out to honour many of our members for their recent outstanding achievements and long-standing contributions to soccer.
Following the Awards Banquet, the Alberta Soccer membership will attend the Annual General Meeting (on February 25th) to discuss and vote upon key issues affecting soccer in our province. Nominations for vacant positions on the Alberta Soccer Board of Directors will also be voted on at the meeting.
About the Awards Banquet
Over 250 guests will attend the Awards Banquet on Saturday, February 24th. Remarkable coaches, Referees, Teams, Volunteers, Alberta Major Soccer League Members, and Administrators will be presented with the following awards:
- Life Member – Fred Kern
- Award of Excellence – Victoria Women
- Senior Team of the Year – Victoria Women
- Youth Team of the Year – CNS Hurricanes (U17 Boys)
- Woman of Distinction – Toks Bakinson
- Silver Badge – Michael Mund
- Golden Whistle – Terry Day
- Physical Literacy Coach of the Year – Pete Pietramala
- Bert Goldberger Technical Leader – Randy Bardock
- Award of Merit – Bridget Chambers and Zara Chambers
- Shield of Merit – Tony Wooster
- President’s Award – Richard Adams
- Alberta Major Soccer League Awards – League Champions, League MVPs, Coaches of the Year