Canada’s path to a second consecutive World Championship title was made a bit more clear last week with the Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) releasing the schedule for this summer’s 2018 FIL Men’s Lacrosse World Championship in Netanya, Israel.
A record 48 teams, grouped into 15 divisions, will play a total of 175 games at this year’s event, making it the largest international lacrosse championship of all time.
The Canadians, who are defending world champions, will be part of the Blue Division along with Australia, England, Haudenosaunee (IN), Scotland and the USA. The top four teams from that division advance to the championship round, with the top two receiving byes to the semifinals.
The bulk of the event will take place across six competition fields at Wingate National Sport Institution, Israel’s National Centre for Physical Education and Sport. The opening ceremonies, along with a handful of matches including the gold medal game, will be held at Netanya Stadium.
Below is the schedule for Team Canada, with all times shown as local in Netanya, Israel. The complete schedule can be found by visiting www.
- Friday, July 13 @ 9:00pm – Canada vs England
- Saturday, July 14 @ 6:45pm – Canada vs Scotland
- Sunday, July 15 @ 7:00pm – Canada vs USA
- Monday, July 16 @ 9:00pm – Canada vs Iroquois Nationals
- Tuesday, July 17 @ 2:30pm – Canada vs Australia
- Wednesday, July 18 @ 6:00pm – Blue 3 vs Qualifier 2 (QF1)
- Wednesday, July 18 @ 9:00pm – Blue 4 vs Qualifier 1 (QF2)
- Thursday, July 19 @ 6:00pm – Blue 2 vs Winner QF1 (SF1)
- Thursday, July 19 @ 9:00pm – Blue 1 vs Winner QF2 (SF2)
- Friday, July 20 @ 6:00pm – Loser SF1 vs Loser SF2 (Bronze)
- Saturday, July 21 @ 10:00am – Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2 (Gold)