PACWEST Men’s Soccer Recap

Photo courtesy of Vancouver Sports Pictures


Douglas Royals 3
Langara Falcons 0

It was all Royals on Saturday afternoon recording the shutout. They would open the scoring in the 23rd minute when Yianni Siafakas got his first of the season. Then six minutes later in the 29th minute the Royals added to their lead when Quinn Desaulniers “lit the lamp” for his first.

In the second half the Royals continued to apply great pressure making way for Siafakas to score his second of the game in the 68th minute.

Keeper Jared Horvath made four saves and tallied his second shutout of the campaign.

Capilano Blues 3
VIU Mariners 0

The Blues dominated the Mariners on Saturday afternoon getting the eventual game winner early on. Adrian Sahagun tallied his fifth of the season in the 8th minute to give them the lead, one they would never relinquish.

In the second half Jeremy Monn-Djasngar gave the Blues some breathing room when he scored in the 61st minute. Then Sahagun would strike again for his second of the game in the 70th minute putting the game out of reach.

Keeper Hudson Nelles needed to make five saves to earn the shutout.


Langara Falcons 2
Capilano Blues 2

It was a tale of two halves on Sunday in North Vancouver.

The Blues opened the scoring as Keith Jackson recorded his PACWEST leading ninth goal of the season in the 8th minute. Then just before the half Adrian Sahagun tallied his third of the weekend and seventh of the season in the 43rd minute.

After halftime the tables were turned. The Falcons began applying offensive pressure and it paid off. James Millar cut the lead in half in the 53rd minute.

With time ticking away the Falcons finally tallied the equalizer when Emmanuel Ekek scored his sixth of the season in the 85th minute. The game would end in a 2-2 tie.

Douglas Royals 4
VIU Mariners 3

It was a wild game on Sunday as the offenses were flying high for both teams.

The Royals opened the scoring early in the second minute when Edris Najm found the back of the net. Then just eight minutes later they would add to their lead when Yianni Siafakas scored his third of the weekend to push the Royals lead to a two-goal advantage.

The Mariners would finally respond and cut the lead in half when Shun Takano scored in the 21st minute.

However the Royals would regain their two-goal advantage when Siafakas kept his hot weekend going and scored his second of the game and fourth of the weekend in the 39th minute.

The Royals extended their lead in the 56th minute when Race Williams scored his seventh of the season to put the Royals in front 4-1.

Trailing by three goals didn’t seem to faze the Mariners with sustained pressure late in the game. In the 74th minute Taylor Arbour cut the lead in half. Then in the 85th minute he scored again, his fourth of the campaign making it a one goal game.

That’s as close as the visiting Mariners would get as keeper Matt Pentland closed the door the rest of the way and secured the win.