The PGA of BC proudly named the provincial recipients of its annual honours for 2018 during the Association’s Awards Celebration presented by Replay Golf Supplies on Wednesday evening at the River Rock Casino Resort.
Recipients were announced for the following 11 awards during the course of the evening’s festivities:
- Dick Munn Golf Professional of the Year presented by Cutter & Buck – Cindy Soukoroff, St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
- Cec Ferguson Executive Professional of the Year presented by Platform Sales – Scott Kolb, Victoria Golf Club
- Fred Wood Class “A” Professional of the Year presented by Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House – Greg Pool, Capilano Golf & Country Club
- Jock McKinnon Candidate for Membership of the Year presented by Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO – Cailean Hourigan, Bear Mountain Resort Community
- Jack Westover Coach of the Year presented by O’Neill Golf – Sean Richardson, The Harvest Golf Club
- Golf Facility of the Year presented by Minuteman Press Richmond – Black Mountain Golf Club
- Herb Paterson Sales Representative of the Year presented by Trainwest Management & Consulting – Jonathan Kadin, Neilsen Agencies
- Ben Colk Golf Shop of the Year presented by Graham Sales Group – Point Grey Golf & Country Club
- Alvie Thompson Teacher of the Year presented by The Keg Steakhouse + Bar – Jeremy Johnson, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
- Davie Black Professional Development Award presented by Cam Clark Ford Richmond – Jason Giesbrecht, Royal Colwood Golf Club
- Jack McLaughlin Junior Golf Leader of the Year presented by New Era Cap Company – Jennifer Greggain, Chilliwack Golf Club
The recipients of the following six awards, who were previously named by the PGA of BC earlier this month, were also honoured during the event:
- Jim Gibson Patron of the Year – Kevin MacDonald, Clarity Success Coaching
- PGA of BC Media Personnel of the Year – Brad Ziemer, British Columbia Golf
- Distinguished Service Award presented by DGL Sports Enterprises – Matthew Palsenbarg, Northview Golf Academy
- Stan Leonard Player of the Year presented by Impact Tournament Systems – Oliver Tubb, University Golf Club
- PGA of BC Community Leadership Bursary – Revelstoke Golf Club
- Jim Gibson Scholarship – David Stashuk, Capilano Golf & Country Club
As well, the Awards Celebration featured a special presentation from the ALS Society of British Columbia, honouring the efforts of PGA of BC Professionals who participated in this year’s Golfathon for ALS across the province. In 2018, the initiative raised more than $203,000, bringing the 13-year total to more than $1.69-million to support individuals and families affected by ALS.
Additionally, the BC chapter of the National Golf Course Owners Association Canada’s Fore Seasons Golf Award was presented to St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino Head Professional Cindy Soukoroff during the festivities.
A special presentation was also made to Class “A” Professional Grant Gray, who was recognized for his 10 years of service to the Association in his role as PGA of BC Business Development Manager.
Congratulations to all of our deserving award recipients.