The Board of Governors of the Western Lacrosse Association is pleased to announce the 2019 regular season schedule, running this summer from May 23rd through July 27th.
The season opens at Queen’s Park Arena, where the New Westminster Salmonbellies will begin celebrating 130 years as they face the Langley Thunder, at 7:30 pm at Queen’s Park Arena on Thursday, May 23rd.
2018 semi-finalists and island rivals will face each other on Friday, May 24th, as the Victoria Shamrocks open their 70th season against the Nanaimo Timbermen at 7:00 pm at The Q Centre.
Last year’s WLA champion Maple Ridge Burrards will start their title defense at home on Sunday, May 26th against the Coquitlam Adanacs, at 6:45 pm at Cam Neely Arena.
For the complete schedule, visit www.WLALacrosse.com; the seven teams of the WLA will host their home openers as follows:
- May 23rd – New Westminster against Langley at Queen’s Park Arena
- May 24th – Victoria against Nanaimo at The Q Centre
- May 25th – Coquitlam against Burnaby at Poirier Sports Complex
- May 26th – Nanaimo against New Westminster at Frank Crane Arena
- May 26th – Maple Ridge against Coquitlam at Cam Neely Arena
- May 29th – Langley against Burnaby at Langley Events Centre
- June 7th – Burnaby against Maple Ridge at Bill Copeland arena