Canada vs. Norway – Sunday, April 28 at 7 a.m. ET/5 a.m. PT
“We started out great, we played well the entire first period. The second period was a bit tougher, we had some things to correct, things we can correct in the next game. We’re just going to forget the second period, the third period we had a couple chances to get that tying goal and get to overtime. Overall it was a good game for us.”
– Larocque on the effort of Team Canada
“It was a great pass by Lavin; it was the first game we’ve played together, so it was nice to get some chemistry right out of the gate. Hockey is a funny game. I lost that draw pretty clean, and everyone in there fixed it up for me, so it’s nice to build some confidence.”
– Westlake on scoring Canada’s only goal
“We had a really good first period – we started well. We made some mistakes in the second that cost us the momentum we had built up in the first period. And I thought we had not too bad a third period, but we’ve got to fix the mistakes that we made in the second period, and if we do that we’ll be a better team moving forward.”
– Head coach Ken Babey (Saskatoon, Sask.) on the team’s play
- Greg Westlake (Oakville, Ont.) scored the lone goal.
- Zach Lavin (Okotoks, Alta.) recorded an assist.
- Goaltender Dominic Larocque (Quebec City, Que.) made 11 saves.