Stockholm, Sweden, was sweet for Canada’s fastest man, Aaron Brown. Not only did he set a new season’s best of 20.06 seconds in the 200-metres, but he crossed the finish line first for his second consecutive Diamond League win of 2019.
The BEAST – otherwise known as Canada’s fastest woman, Crystal Emmanuel – also crossed the finish line first in her first Diamond League meet this year in a time of 11.37 seconds in the national section of the 100-metres.
Those sprint performances were great, but Gabriela Debues-Stafford stole the show setting a Canadian record in the women’s 5000-metres, coming through in 14:51.59, breaking the record held by Courtney Babcock set back in 2003 (14:54.98).
Canadian results from Stockholm:
- Aaron Brown: 1st, 200m (20.06)
- Crystal Emmanuel: 1st, 100m (11.37)
- Brittany Crew: 3rd, shot put (18.28m)
- Gabriela Debues-Stafford: 4th, 5000m (14:51.59 CR)
- Sarah Mitton: 5th, shot put (17.18m)
- Crystal Emmanuel: 6th, 200m (23.14)
- Click here to view the results from the Stockholm Diamond League meet.