I·SPARC is currently seeking a Manager, Premier’s Awards & Communications. Working as a member of the senior management team, this individual provides strategic and tactical support and will maintain two distinct roles within the organization; 1) oversight of I·SPARC’s Recognition Program and the Premier’s Awards for Indigenous Youth Excellence in Sport, including the annual nomination and selection processes, and delivery of the six Regional and one Provincial Awards Celebrations, and 2) oversight of the organization’s communications and promotions, including media relations, website, social media, digital media, brand identity, and awareness.
Competencies and Requirements
The ideal candidate will possess an extensive background in project management, communications, and event management, and has established networks/connections among Indigenous communities and organizations throughout the province. Other qualifications include:
- Post-secondary degree with 5+ years experience working in the not-for-profit sector focused on communications, marketing, and event management (or combination of education and experience)
- Applied knowledge of BC’s Indigenous communities and their physical activity and health related needs
- Superior project and event management skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask, work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing media, advocacy, social media, and marketing campaigns
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft applications, WordPress, and publishing/design software including Adobe Suite, MailChimp, and Canva
- Experience developing and managing annual budgets
- Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule and available to travel throughout the province
- Successfully undergo criminal record and vulnerable sector checks
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is $60,000-$65,000 annually, including a comprehensive health benefits package.
Location: Office space will be established in the Province of BC central to the successful candidate.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references (name, title, relationship, and contact info) no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, August 28, 2020. Address your cover letter to attention of Rick Brant, Executive Director and submit your application to email@example.com.
All applications are appreciated, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry.