Nanaimo Curling Centre is all set to welcome in teams from across the province on Tuesday for the 2019 Connect Hearing BC Masters Curling Championships.
A total of eight master men’s teams and 10 master women’s teams will be competing in Nanaimo, with the winners going on to represent BC at the 2019 Canadian Masters Curling Championships in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan from April 1 to 7.
Last season, the master men’s event was won by Langley, Cloverdale, Royal City and Penticton’s Team Lepine (Craig Lepine, Neil Houston, Craig McLeod, Kevin Jeannotte) and the master women’s event was won by Juan de Fuca and Kerry Park’s Team Sanders (Pat Sanders, Lorraine Gagnon, Sherry Findlay, Roselyn Craig).
Team Sanders went on to win gold and Team Lepine silver at the 2018 Canadian Masters Curling Championships.
The 2019 BC Championships will be officially opened on Tuesday March 5 with the Opening Ceremonies at 1:00pm PST, with round robin play starting the same day at 3:00pm PST.
The teams competing in the master men’s competition are as follows:
- Team Smith (Nelson/Vernon/Trail/Beaver Valley)
- Team Shimizu (Richmond/Chilliwack)
- Team Rafter (Tunnel Town/Delta Thistle/Vancouver/Marpole)
- Team Lepine (Langley/Cloverdale/Royal City/Penticton)
- Team Craig (Kerry Park)
- Team Kostiuck (Quesnel)
- Team Dunkin (Vancouver)
- Team Boyce (Campbell River)
The teams competing in the master women’s competition are as follows:
- Team Devlin (Beaver Valley/Castlegar)
- Team Klebe (Chilliwack/Richmond)
- Team Gardner (Royal City)
- Team Rampton (Marpole/Royal City)
- Team Lepine (Cloverdale/Langley/Marpole)
- Team Dufour (Comox Valley)
- Team Obee (Nanaimo)
- Team Tromans (Nanaimo)
- Team Jeffries (Nanaimo)
- Team McFadden (Royal City/Cloverdale)