With one week left to go in the 2019 regular season, the league standings among the playoff contenders are the closest they have been in recent history. Going into this final week of competition, Victoria and Maple Ridge (22 points), Nanaimo and Burnaby (20 points), and New Westminster (18 points) are all in contention.
Should teams have the same number of points at the end of the regular season, the following tie-breaking rules will apply:
- First, among teams that are tied, the team with the most wins against the other(s) shall prevail;
- Then, if two or more teams are still tied, the team with the most wins overall shall prevail;
- Then, if teams are still tied, the team with the highest goal differential (goals for minus goals against) in games between each other shall prevail;
- Then, if teams are still tied, the team with the highest overall goal differential shall prevail.
Finally, if teams are still tied after all the above rules have been applied:
- If qualification to the playoffs is in question, then a one-game playoff shall be played, with a coin toss determining the home team;
- If only playoff seeding is in question, a coin toss will determine the final standing.
There are five games coming up in this final week of regular season competition, each of them will have an impact on the playoff picture.
- Tue., July 23 – Langley @ Maple Ridge – 7:30 pm
- Wed., July 24 – New Westminster @ Langley – 7:30 pm
- Thu., July 25 – Victoria @ New Westminster – 7:00 pm
- Fri., July 26 – Nanaimo @ Burnaby – 7:00 pm
- Sat., July 27 – Victoria @ Coquitlam – 7:00 pm