The Seahawks begin their 45th season in the NFL opening on the road for the 14th time in the last 21 seasons, this season heading to Atlanta for the second-consecutive season and for the seventh meeting in the last nine seasons (five regular season, two postseason). Kickoff is set for 10 a.m. (PT), a time slot the Seahawks are 16-6 in since2013 and were 5-0 last season in the early kickoff time slot. The Seahawks are 17-27 all-time in Kickoff Weekend games and Pete Carroll is 8-6 as a head coach, with a 5-5 Kickoff Weekend record with Seattle. The Seahawks have won three of the last four regular season meetings against the Falcons, including last year’s 27-20 October win in Atlanta.
Needs four wins to tie Tony Dungy for 22nd place on the NFL’s all-time coaches wins list with 148.
ALL-TIME SEAHAWKS COACHING RECORDS
Regular Season Postseason Combined
Pete Carroll 100-59-1 10-7 110-66-1
Mike Holmgren 86-74 4-6 90-80
Chuck Knox 80-63 3-4 83-67
Needs 24 yards to pass Maurice Morris for ninth-place on Seattle’s all-time rushing yards list with 2,613.
* Needs two touchdowns to pass John L. Williams and Jim Zorn for 10th-place on Seattle’s all-time rushing touchdowns list with 18
Ranks second in the NFL with 18 receiving touchdowns since2018.
* Needs eight more receptions to pass Joey Galloway for seventh-place on Seattle’s all-time receptions list with 284.
* Needs 314 yards to pass John L. Williams for seventh-place on Seattle’s all-time receiving yards list with 4,152.
* Needs seven touchdowns to tie Brian Blades for sixth-place on Seattle’s all-time receiving touchdowns list with 34.
Needs 100 tackles to become the third player since 2000 torecord nine-consecutive 100-tackle seasons.
MOST CONSECUTIVE SEASONS WITH 100 TACKLES SINCE 2000
London Fletcher 14 Keith Brooking 9 Bobby Wagner, Sea 8 Derrick Brooks 8
* Needs one touchdown to tie Dave Brown for first-place on Seattle’s all-time return touchdowns list with 5 (touchdowns scored via interception, fumble, blocked punt, blocked field goal,punt or kickoff). Wagner has three fumble-return touchdowns and one interception-return touchdown in his career
* Needs one more win to tie Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger for second-place as the NFL’s all-time winningest quarterback in a player’s first nine seasons with 87.
* Needs 111 yards to pass Ben Roethlisberger for 11th-place and467 yards to pass Warren Moon for 10th-place on the NFL’s most passing yards in a quarterback’s first nine seasons list with30,201.
* Needs seven rushing yards to become the fifth quarterback in NFL history to reach 4,000.
* Needs 17 rushing yards to pass Ricky Watters for sixth-place on Seattle’s all-time rushing yards list with 4,010.
* Needs one more home win to tie Ben Roethlisberger for fifth-place as the NFL’s all-time winningest quarterback at home in a player’s first nine seasons with 49.
* His 31-8 record following an in-season loss is the best record by a quarterback since the 1970 merger.
* Since 2012, tied with Drew Brees at 21 games with at least a130.0 passer rating, most in the NFL.
* Is the first quarterback in NFL history with a winning record in each of his first eight seasons.
* Needs four more starts to tie Keith Butler for 10th place on Seattle’s all-time games started list with 132.
* Needs three touchdowns to tie Ricky Watters for sixth-place on Seattle’s all-time rushing touchdowns list with 22.
* Needs 124 completions to pass Matt Hasselbeck for first-place on Seattle’s all-time passing completions list with 2,560.
* Needs 474 attempts to pass Matt Hasselbeck for first-place on Seattle’s all-time pass attempts list with 4,251.
* Is Seattle’s all-time winningest quarterback with 95 combined victories (regular season & postseason).
* Has started every game played with 143 (128 regular season,15 postseason).