THE PLAYERS Championship announced today the field for the 2021 event, which returns to THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass next week, March 9-14.
The 154-player field features representation from 25 countries and territories. In February, the PGA TOUR Policy Board, in consultation with the PGA TOUR Player Advisory Council, amended the eligibility for THE PLAYERS Championship to include the Top 125 Finishers from the 2019-20 FedExCup Points List, which resulted in the field increase from 144 to 154. Other notes on the field include:
- 113 PGA TOUR winners, tied for the most of any tournament since 2000 (2020 RBC Heritage)
- 121 players that qualified for the previous season’s FedExCup Playoffs
- 10 PLAYERS Champions, marking the third time with 10 or more PLAYERS champions in a field during the 2020-21 PGA TOUR Season
- The top 30 players in the FedExCup standings, marking the first event of the 2020-21 season with the top 30 in the field
- 49 of the top 50 players in the Official World Golf Ranking
Players have until 30 minutes after play today at the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard to commit. In addition, if not otherwise exempt, the winner of the Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard will qualify for THE PLAYERS Championship.
THE PLAYERS Championship field list as of Friday, March 5 at 5:00 p.m. ET:
An, Byeong Hun
Howell III, Charles
Kim, Si Woo
Varner III, Harold